Saturday, February 12, 2011

What do I do with all the stuff I get for free anyway?

I know people are wondering what I do with all the stuff I am purchasing at London Drugs, especially when I am getting like 2 dozen boxes of Splenda. Either I have a severe case of diabetes or I am a hoarder...actually its neither! Every since I started using coupons to get things for free I love to shop, mainly because its really no money out of my pocket and I am contributing to something I am proud of. I volunteered a while ago at a local Church that provides outreach to homeless persons and I really like their work. I feel like they really provide a service to people who need it the most and do so directly to the people.

I took a look at their website and saw that they urgently needed things such as personal hygiene items and no calorie sweeteners, etc. Since its very easy to get things such as this at London Drugs for free I had found an opportunity to give back to my community and make a contribution. I am not a rich person but I have a big heart just not a big wallet. Coupons make it possible for me to give back (and you can too!), as well as go shopping hehe. Another thing I like to do is give a few things to my friends and family now and then, they really appreciate it since even though many of them are genuinely curious about coupons they simply do not have enough interest in pursuing it. My brother has a lifetime supply of bathroom products so I think he's pretty happy since he hates to shop ;)

I know some other couponers contribute to other causes that are close to them such as animal shelters or women's shelters, these are great places to give to as well. Its very simple to do and it costs almost nothing, just a bit of time and effort shopping, which isn't all that bad ;)

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me where you find the Splenda coupons? I have been looking with no luck. Thanks.. and I will start going to London Drugs.. it is close by and usually quiet compared to other stores. Plus stacking coupons.. bonus! Thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the Splenda Coupons in 2 places actually. The first place I found them was in a newspaper insert a month or so ago, so you will not likely find that one anymore. The second was an instore coupon pamphlet in the grocery store that came out in January; this one may or may not be available still-I found it in Safeway.

    Usually coupons recirculate every few months, and now that I have started this blog I will post a heads up on what coupons to look out for. Once you become aware of the usefulness you will start to look out for them more and more and it will become like a 6th sense :)

    Heads UP: When you stack coupons at London Drugs try to use the Customer Service Till as they have more experienced staff who can help you.

    ReplyDelete